Friday, April 13, 2012

Every once in a while I am reminded how different the experience and perspective of a child is from that of my own.  For example, tonight Evan and I were talking about how we will need to get him and Nathan their military IDs when Adam gets home.  This is similar to the experience of getting a driver's license (often with longer lines, if you can believe that).  Of course, Evan does not have the experience of sitting for this sort of picture since he was not yet two, and was too busy unplugging the clerk's computer the last time I had to get one.  So our conversation went like this.
E: Can I have my picture in the snow with my orange jacket and a snowman?
Me: No, you have to go to an office and sit for the picture.
E: Is there someone in a costume next to me when I get my picture taken?
Me: No, you have to get your picture taken all by yourself, but I will be sitting nearby.  Like when Nathan got his passport picture taken.
E: (Puzzled look, silent, but obviously thinking, "Why would I want to get my picture taken like that?")

4 comments:

Elsa Jane said...

And to prove your point, one wonders where Evan was planning on finding the snow for that picture in his orange jacket...

Daddy's Caddies said...

You have a very clever kiddo there. He certainly knows what he wants! And who could blame him? :)

The Big Sky Brewers said...

I think your idea for the photo sounds A LOT MORE EXCITING and memorable than the formal, inside photo, Evan! :) Holden

West Coast Scribe said...

Love this!