Sunday, November 22, 2009

Presents for Daddy

It seems that I think about Daddy and what he might need or like all the time. When we get out the Halloween candy, a piece goes in Daddy's box. If there's an extra napkin on the table, it goes in Daddy's box. He even got a partially eaten mint. Here I am carefully taking a spoonful of my yogurt to his box. Mom intercepted me before I got there in order to put the yogurt in a plastic bag. After I was finished with my yogurt, Dad got the spoon, too. Mom later convinced me to wash the spoon and save it here so that Daddy and I can use it together when he comes home to visit this winter, and I'm pretty sure that bag of yogurt won't actually get sent all the way to Iraq, but hey, it's the thought that counts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Daddy is still getting all of the things that Daddies would get when they're home! (Extra bites, leftovers, used spoons . . .)

It shrinks the distance, somehow.

Still praying for you all.

Love love love.
Jenny

Elsa Jane said...

You are very sweet, Evan. I am sure that your Daddy will enjoy every little momento you put in the box!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Love Catherine