Friday, June 1, 2007

Sintra, Portugal


Mommy and Daddy took me to Portugal for our second family vacation! We had a blast! Mommy is a trooper too; we did a great deal of hiking and stair-climbing. Here we are in front of the Mesa Palace in Sintra. It is really nice that I was able to visit a place where my ancestors came from. Mom and Dad tried to figure out my ethnic heritage and percentages but they gave up because it got too complicated. For those of you on the DiPetrillo side, not one statue of Mary with a half bathtub behind her was seen on the entire trip. It must be something specific to Portuguese people living in Cumberland.





Mommy is teaching me to live on the edge! Following a family tradition, Mommy dangled her feet off of something really high while Daddy took a picture of her. Don't worry Grandma Roberts, Daddy had the grip-of-death on the hoodie.




This is the view we had from our hacienda. The two pictures above were taken at the castle on top of the center hill in the background. Dad says that I make Mom look pregnantly cute! I'd say Dad has a good eye.

2 comments:

Evan and Nathan said...

Obrigado. Gosto de meu blog demais! Portugal era belo. As pessoas, campina, praias e alimento eram excelentes. Sou alegre dizer que sou de português decente. Agora mesmo, eu não sou realmente em roupas exaustivas, então eu não necessitarei uma CAMISETA adequada às necessidades do cliente. Agradece para a oferta embora.

If you want to translate this from Portugues to English simply copy the text to www.freetranslation.com

Elsa Jane said...

Oh, my goodness. You are SO FUN, Fun Aunt Holly. I can't wait until I, too, can dangle my feet and scare Grandma. Maybe Evan and I will have a series of pics like this...